JUNBA is a network among officers of Japanese university offices in the Bay Area. The current core members include officers of Fukuoka Institute of Technology, J.F. Oberlin University, Kagoshima University, Kyushu University, Nagoya University, Osaka University, Tohoku University, Yokohama City University and Waseda University. The director of JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) San Francisco Office joined as a core member to promote the activities of JUNBA.
The mission of JUNBA is to assist Japanese universities with the enhancement of education and research activities and the creation of new businesses opportunities. JUNBA aims to attain this mission by facilitating internationalization movements at Japanese universities, supporting the training of university students and personnel, and promoting the development of academia-industry relationships between Japan and the U.S.
The current members of JUNBA, including officers, board members, and advisers are as follows:
- Dr. Masato Matsuo, Director, Kyushu University California Office
- Dr. Maria Domoto, Exective Director, Obirin Gakuen Foundation of America
Executive Board & Secretary-General:
- Dr. Masayuki izutsu, Director, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) San Francisco Office
- Mr. Satoshi Hattori, Regional Manager, Waseda USA, San Francisco Office
- Dr. Satoshi Kabasawa, Regional Director, Osaka University North American Center for Academic Initiatives
- Mr. Hiromitsu Takenouchi, Director, Fukuoka Institute of Technology California Office
- Mr. Tomohisa Koyama, Executive Director, Technology Partnership of Nagoya University, Inc.
- Dr. Hiroko Yamazaki, Director, Yokohama City University California Offrice
- Mr. Masato Watanabe, Consul General, Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco
- Mr. Tatsuro Yoneda, Professor/Fellow, California State University, East Bay
- Mr. Toshiro Okada, JETRO San Francisco
- Mr. Nobukazu Hinata, Visiting Scholar, Office of the President, University of California
- Dr. Richard B. Dasher, Director, US-Asia Technology Management Center, Stanford University
- c/o JSPS San Francisco Office
2001 Addison St., Suite 260
Berkeley, CA 94704-1181