JUNBA is a network among officers of Japanese university offices in the Bay Area. The current core members include officers of Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Obirin Gakuen Foundation of America, Kagoshima University, Kyushu University, Nagoya University, Osaka University, Tohoku University, Yokohama City University, Waseda University, Ryukoku University and NAIST (Nara Institute of Science and Technology). The director of JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) San Francisco Office joined as a core member to promote the activities of JUNBA.
The mission of JUNBA is to assist Japanese universities with the enhancement of education and research activities and the creation of new businesses opportunities. JUNBA aims to attain this mission by facilitating internationalization movements at Japanese universities, supporting the training of university students and personnel, and promoting the development of academia-industry relationships between Japan and the U.S.
The current members of JUNBA, including officers, board members, and advisers are as follows:
- Dr. Satoshi Kabasawa, Regional Director, Osaka University North American Center for Academic Initiatives
- Mr. Satoshi Hattori, Executive Director, Waseda USA, San Francisco Office
Executive Board & Secretary-General:
- Dr. Toru Tamiya, Director, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) San Francisco Office
- Ms. Aya Chiwata, Director, Fukuoka Institute of Technology California Office
- Dr. Maria Domoto, Exective Director, Obirin Gakuen Foundation of America
- Mr. Tomohisa Koyama, Executive Director, Technology Partnership of Nagoya University, Inc.
- Dr. Masato Matsuo, President, Kyushu University California Office, Inc.
- Ms. Junko Yamasaki, RUBeC U.S. Administrator, Ryukoku University Berkeley Center
- Mr. Jun Yamada, Consul General, Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco
- Mr. Tatsuro Yoneda, Professor/Fellow, California State University, East Bay
- Mr. Yoshiaki Tojo, JETRO San Francisco
- Dr. Richard B. Dasher, Director, US-Asia Technology Management Center, Stanford University
- c/o JSPS San Francisco Office
2001 Addison St., Suite 260
Berkeley, CA 94704-1181